Shira Erlichman Writing Prompt
THROUGH THE DOOR
Find a quote you love, a piece of advice, a proverb. Number your page 1 to 15. Write the quote you love in the 15 spot. For example, my quote is “Do not fear mistakes. There are none.” Then, on line 14, mishear your quote through a door. So for example, my line 14 would be “Sue the fear it takes. Share the gun.” Do the same from line 14 to 13. Mine would be “Brew the tear-lit cakes. Bear the sun.”
Do this, moving backward up the page all the way to the 1 spot, moving backward up the page. When done, erase the numbers. Where you end up is the beginning of your poem.
The point is to get loose, stretch your ear, hear something new. The point is for advice to grow from the crooked places, the jumbled, the mistaken. This is underwater gossip. Dive and gurgle.
9 Notes/ Hide
- intuitive-thinker reblogged this from dirtchoir
- somecreepytheatrekid likes this
- jerrebfine likes this
- wordswithmypulse likes this
- aliciasmithart likes this
- thecactusthatfoundthebeat likes this
- laurenzuni reblogged this from dirtchoir and added:
- dirtchoir posted this